XLPack Lite Installation Manual (Windows version)
1. System requirements
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 Update or Windows 7 SP1
- Office 365 Excel, Excel 2019, Excel 2016, Excel 2013 SP1 or Excel 2010 SP2
2. Downloading software
Download software from here.
3. Installing software
Before beginning installation, please make sure the followings:
- If the previous version of XLPack is installed, uninstall it first.
- If Excel is running, terminate it.
When you unzip the downloaded file, you will find the installer program. Double click the installer program and continue installation by following the messages of installer. The default installation folder will be as below. Although the install folder can be changed, it is recommended to use the default folder.
|64 bit Windows (installed on drive C:)||C:\Program Files (x86)\KTech\XLPack|
|32 bit Windows (installed on drive C:)||C:\Program Files\KTech\XLPack|
After completion of the installation, sign in (log in) again.
4. Setting up your Excel
After installation of the software, you need to set up the Excel.
Enabling add-in for using worksheet functions and solver
- Select Developer tab, and click Excel Add-Ins (Office 365 Excel, Excel 2019 or Excel 2016) or Add-Ins (Excel 2010 or Excel 2013). In the “Add-ins available” list, check “XLPack Lite Worksheet Functions” and “XLPack Solver”, and click “OK” so that the add-ins for worksheet functions and solver are enabled.
- Once you enabled the add-ins, they will be always effective regardless of the Excel file.
Note – If you cannot find the Developer tab, select File tab -> Options -> Customize Ribbon and check Developer.
Note 2 – If the installer program could not identify the Excel installation on your PC during the install process, “XLPack Lite Worksheet Functions” and “XLPack Solver” will not appear in the “Add-ins available” list. In that case, you need to set add-ins manually. See here for the procedure.
References setting for using VBA subroutines/functions
- Open Excel file and run Visual Basic editor by clicking Visual Basic button in Developer tab.
- Select Tools -> References, and click Browse and add [install folder]\XLPackLite.xlam to the references.
- References setup is effective only within the Excel file used here.
Note – To use VBA library, references setting is necessary for each Excel file. Since the references are saved in the Excel file, it is not necessary to set up again when you open the Excel file next time. However, if the [install folder] is changed or the Excel file is used on the PC with different [install folder], you need to set the references again.
5. Uninstalling software
To uninstall the software, disable add-in setting in the Excel (uncheck in the “Add-ins available” list). Then use “Windows Settings” -> “Apps” (Windows 10) or “Programs and Features” in control panel (Windows 8.1 or Windows 7). Choose or right click “XLPack Lite” and click “Uninstall”.
Although you cannot usually call VBA functions as worksheet functions from a worksheet, you can call them in an Excel workbook that references XLPack.xlam. In that case, it usually returns a meaningless value or error, but in some cases Excel may abnormally terminate. Since the worksheet function distinguishes function names starting with W, please be careful not to call other functions from the worksheet.