XLPack Lite Installation Manual (macOS version)
1. System requirements
- macOS Mojave (10.14) or macOS Catalina (10.15)
- Excel for Mac (Office 365 (Subscription) or Office 2019 for Mac (One-time purchase))
Please use the latest versions of above software. Office 2016 for Mac (One-time purchase) is not supported.
**Note** There are several known issues on XLPack solver and worksheet functions at this moment. Please refer to the section 6 below.
2. Downloading software
Download software from here.
3. Installing software
Double click to open distributed dmg file. Then double click the installer program (XLPackLite-5.3.x.x.pkg) in the distributed dmg file and continue installation by following the messages of install program. The admin password will be required.
4. Setting up your Excel
After installation of the software, you need to set up the Excel.
Enabling add-in for using worksheet functions
Select Developer tab, and click Excel Add-Ins.
Note – If you cannot find the Developer tab, select Excel -> Preferences -> Ribbon & Toolbar and check Developer in Main Tabs.
In the “Add-ins available” list, check “XLPack Lite Worksheet Functions” and click “OK” so that the add-in for worksheet functions is enabled. If you cannot find “XLPack Lite Worksheet Functions” in the “Add-ins available” list, click Browse and select XLPackLiteWS.xlam in Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Microsoft:Office365:User Content:Add-Ins and click Open so that the add-in for worksheet functions is enabled.
In the “Add-ins available” list, check “XLPack Lite Solver” and click “OK” so that the XLPack Lite solver add-in is enabled. If you cannot find “XLPack Lite Solver” in the “Add-ins available” list, click Browse and select XLPackLiteWS.xlam in Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Microsoft:Office365:User Content:Add-Ins and click Open so that the XLPack Lite solver add-in is enabled.
Once you have enabled the add-in, it will be always effective regardless of the Excel files.
References setting for using VBA subroutines/functions
Open Excel file and run Visual Basic editor by clicking Visual Basic button in Developer tab. Select Tools -> References, and click Browse and add Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:Microsoft:Office365:User Content:Add-Ins:XLPackLite.xlam to the references. References setup is effective only within the Excel file used here.
Note – To use VBA library, references setting is necessary for each Excel file. Since the references are saved in the Excel file, it is not necessary to set up again when you open the Excel file next time.
5. Uninstalling software
Double click to open distributed dmg file. Then double click the uninstall script (Uninstall) in the distributed dmg file and continue uninstallation by following the messages of script. The admin password will be required.
Instead, if you want to uninstall manually, delete the following five files.
XLPackLite.dylib, XError1Lite.dylib, XLPackLite.xlam, XLPackLiteWS.xlam and XLPackLiteSolver.xlam
in the directory /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office365/User Content.localized/Add-Ins.localized/
Then delete the package information.
sudo pkgutil –forget biz.ktech.pkg.XLPackLite
6. Known issues
There are several known issues at this moment as described below.
(1) Worksheet functions
- Help information (such as description of arguments) of XLPack worksheet functions is not shown in the Formula Builder (which is displayed by fx button).
(2) XLPack solver
- RefEdit control which is used to select a range of cells in dialog does not work correctly when trying to select multiple cells. As a workaround, click square button at the right of box (minimize button) first so that the dialog box is minimized. Then you can select a range of cells correctly.
- A part of form (grouped part) sometimes displayed white.
- When solver write the data such as calculation results to cells, the display is sometimes not updated and it seems like the calculation was not done. When dialog is closed, the display is updated.
Please refer to FAQ site for more details.